Haven’t blogged about baking in a while, have I?!
Well that ends now. Tomorrow is my 20th birthday and I was requested by my teammates to make my s’mores cookies to celebrate my birthday at practice. Yes, that’s right. I am making the sweets to celebrate my birthday with. Truthfully, I wouldn’t want it any other way. It gives me an excuse to bake!
Before and after:
These cookies are fantastic. Here’s the recipe:
- 11 Tablespoons Butter-Flavored Crisco
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Hershey’s bars (Broken into Pieces)
- 2-3 Sleeves of Graham Crackers (Broken into Squares)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and leave to the side.
- Next, beat together butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed…try not to make too much of a mess.
- Next, throw in the chocolate chips and marshmallows and then add a little extra of each for good measure.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Get out a cookie sheet and lay out your graham crackers with one inch around each…I place 12 graham crackers on each sheet. This recipe will make around 2 to 3 dozen (depending on how much dough you eat before putting everything in the oven…….)
- Place a tablespoon of dough on each graham cracker. Press the dough down just a tiny bit on top of the graham cracker. Bake for 7-8 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top! It adds the cutest little decoration and the perfect amount of extra chocolate.
- They cookies will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Or just dig right in and enjoy. I mean, cookies are best warm and gooey.
Like I said earlier, these cookies are fantastic, phenomenal, and scrumptious. They are all of my friends’ favorites. Throw any idea you had of s’mores cookies out of the window and replace it with these. You can thank me later. Happy baking! Xx.